Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Double Period Project 1812/ 1912

So, we have the inspiration illustrations and paintings, we have the fabric.  Pattern(s) will be next.

Even though I already had a pattern, the Tailor's Guide, I really wanted a "M" notch collar pattern. I so I purchased this Rocking Horse Farm pattern from http://www.lostcoasthistorical.com/
It was on sale, 20% off of the listed price.
   
Pattern pieces retraced and cutout.

This my cat Max inspecting the underside of the mockup fabric.  He is not allowed to be on the
fabric, but that doesn't mean he can't be under the fabric.

 
The bump in the upper right hand corner of the fabric is still Max.  He is really doing
a thorough job.

The top pattern piece required you to tape the side front to the front piece.  I used blue painter's tape, it doesn't damage the pattern piece. It comes off easily as well.
The collar pattern piece, lower center contains the notch.
 

The mockup is pretty much put together. The fabric was some of the first fabric that I purchased when I first taught myself to sew, about three or four years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment