Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Double Period Project 1812 / 1912

Well, almost done with these trousers.  I really like the way that these are turning out.  They were supposed to be the mockup trousers.  But, I think that I just might use these instead of the other material that I had selected.

Pining the crotch area and lining up the seams.  I think that I finished all of the seams of these trousers as well.  Again extra work, but important.

The fall front of the trousers, the lower front fall at the bottom, is not quite right. It is just a little bunchy, I may have to tack that down just a bit.  You can see the crotch seam a bit in this picture.


The back of the pants, this area, will contain three lace holes to tighten the trousers.
I thouught that they would be a bit baggy in the back.  Well, I guess I have put on a couple of pounds, they are not as baggy as I would have liked.

A better view of the crotch area.  This is another of those tricky areas in men's pant making that can be problematic. I am pleased with this.


Yea Me! trousers are down, well the really hard part at least.

I usually save the button sewing for last. I plan to work the button holes by hand instead of using the sewing machine this time around. We will see how that goes.

Oh, you can just barely see it, but the trousers seams at the bottom are not sewn.  They will be finished and left open as in the inspirational pictures from the previous post.  I kind of like that look.
I am really pleased with the way that these trousers came together. Now, all that remains to be done are hems for the trousers, button and lace holes and of course attach the buttons.

Next up, the biggy, the 1812 Frockcoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment