Friday, October 7, 2011

Double Period Project 1812 / 1912

The Rocking Horse Farm pattern was pretty easy to follow. The pattern instructions were a little awkward in its layout.  It required you to flip instructions pages backward and forward a couple of times to  follow the sequence of instructions.  I obtained the pattern from one of my favorite historical costume sites http://www.lostcoasthistorical.com/  I think I got it for $10.


Above is the actual pattern cover.  The picture seems to illustrate a fairly tall collar, but it is not.

The instructions were step by step, but required you to flip backward and forward, the sequence was a bit off.

The actual pattern, you will notice, that the pattern is not cut out.  I no longer cut my any historical patterns from their original paper, instead, I now make copies and cut the copy up.  In that way, I always have the original pattern to refer to if I need to size up or size down.  What you see under the pattern is the mockup material that I plan to use.  I had't made this pattern in a while, so I needed to make a mockup since I altered the collar.


The brown pattern piece at the lower right hand bottom of the picture is new collar pattern piece.  You can see the original pattern piece just above it.  Notice how the original collar is rounded, as you see I altered it quite a bit.
A better image of the orignial collar pattern with the new taller pattern, I extended the pattern by 1 1/2 to 2 inches in lenght and about 2 1/2 inches in width.

No comments:

Post a Comment