Thursday, October 13, 2011

Double Period Project 1812 / 1912

The first thing that I wanted to do was to make a mockup of the pattern. It had been sometime since I had actually made this particular waistcoat.  Plus, I needed to change the collar. 

The picture above is the mockup with the completed shirt.  I actually like the material, the print is way to big for this regency waistcoat.  I think that I had just barely enough to make it.


This left over fabric was just enough and it was extremely light weight. The pattern pieces are layed out on the material.  I don't have an actual sewing room, I use the guest bedroom, so I can close the door when it get really messy with sewing projects.

All of the pattern pieces have been cut out.

That's Max taking a nap on the cardboard grid.  I added fabric facing to the lining.

The new collar.

I had to show you a picture of this.  To get to this point and turn the waist coat right side out took me forever. I initially, thought that I would save some sewing time by sewing up the sides prior to turning.
It just would not turn properly.  I tried and tried.  Finally, I looked back at the instructions which I had read and reread many times.  I finally noticed the illustration and it was just as you see it above.  You can not sew up the sides first.  So, a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.  I picked out the stitches in the previously sewed up sides and Voila!  The waistcoat turned to the right correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment