Friday, August 6, 2010

Caraco Jacket








When I saw the picture of the Blue Caraco Jacket from the Musee Galleria, I imediately thought of some of the fabric that was in my stash.
The top picutre is a light peace color grosgrain frabic which I obtained last year from JoMar fabric store here in Philadelphia. It's date tag says, Nov. 13, 2009. The two middle pictures are of the fabric which I think matches pretty well the blue fabric of the Musee's Caraco. The brocade fabric is much busy with is floral pattern than the original, but my fabric does contain silver background similar to the original as well.
I took the picture of the fabric with the flash on my camera and it came out with only the orange registering in the picture. When I turned off the flash, I was able to get a some what better picture with the silver in the pattern clearly visable.
The bottom fabric, I purchased this summer, June, and it matches the orange tunes of the fabric quite well. I could use either the peach or the more bold orange fabric for the petticoat to go with the floral caraco.
I even have the pattern which I purchased this summer from www.lostcoastpatterns.com
when they were having a summer sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment