Sunday, August 8, 2010

18th Century Shirt







As you can see, I am moving along with completing the 18th century shirt. The shirt front frills and the cuff frills are the same material. It really is a blend of some sort, but it works well as a frill.
I simply hemed the edges of the frill before inserting them between the small cuff bands. As with the collar of the shirt, I had to finish it with hand sewing. I like them.
Remember, the 18th century promenade suit that I have started. The shirt was the first item to work on. Next will be the waistcoat, followed by the breeches and last the frock coat.
Plus the accessories, shoes, wig, cane, they all have to be obtained and or modified to fit the suit.
You can jump back to my earlier post to see a picture of the suit that I am making.
Unfortunately, the far left picture is not a very good one of the sleeve prior to attaching the frill.

No comments:

Post a Comment