Monday, August 23, 2010

1787 Wasistcoat


The pictures show you the lining, prick stitched inside and outside of the fashion fabric.
******************************************************************************

I realized that I forgot to share the pictures of the insides of the waistcoat. I used a mid-weight linen fabric. I tend to use linen when possible for most of my linings. In addition, I prick stitched the edges of the waistcoat, this technique produces a running stitch on the inside and just a little thread dot on the exterior. All of the lining edges will be prick stitched. This will stop the lining from rolling toward the outside. It is a bit time consuming, but it is worth it.

I have to work the buttholes and the buttons down the front of the waist. The challenge will be to get one of the little embroidered circled flowers centered on each of the self fabric buttons. The button kits came from Walmart.

Plus, I have to complete the armscyes. I have not done those yet, since I am using them to enter the garment between lining and exterior to start the prick stitch. In this way, there is no visiable starting point on the outside or inside of the waistcoat for this stitch. The thread is hidden between the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment