Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Double Period Project - Picture Updates

There won't be much text with this blog entry.  I wanted to update you all with some images of the work that I have completed over the last several weeks.

Here we go.

The lining for the jacket, I had to do this twice. I sorched the first set.

I used a modern pattern to obtain the upper curved portion of the jacket.



Brown fur option to be used as trim for the collar.  Jomar, once again. I purchased this a couple of years ago.

Second option.  these were fur stoles on sale at Jomar during the summer about three years ago for $9.99 per stole.  When I bought them in late summer that had been marked down yet again to 5.99, I bought everything that they had left.  The fake fur had a really nice feel to it and I thought it looked really natural unlike some fake fur that you see.

The collar, from the left, fashion fabric, interlining fabric, fashion fabric and the pattern.

Jacket is done!!!

The satin ties have been removed from the stoles.

Now, you have a picture of the jacket, new shirtwaist with black lace overlay and the new jabot.

This will be my fur large fur muff.  I combined two medium stoles to make one large muff.

A better picture of the jabot. I could have made the arm pieces a bit longer, next time.

I think that the jabot turned out really well, especially the collar.

To make the fur muff really full and plump, I stuffed it with cotton batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment