Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pirate Costumes




I was invited to attend pirate jamboree party, so you know, I had to make something to wear. Plus, couple of other attendees needed things as well. So, off I went to Jomar to gather the material and some trim.

I mentioned in the 1780s Shirt post that I had another shirt. As you can see, there is far to much frill on the shirt. I actually repurposed two oversided white shirts that were being trashed. I removed the collar and added a much larger one and added the large frill to the front of the sirt. The frill was cut from the back panel of the second shirt. It worked well for this costume.

I used a commercial pattern to make the waistcoat, it is lined and I found these great buttons. Actually, a neighbor gave them to me and they were perfect. Unfortunately, I don't have a close pic of the waistcoat and buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment