Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double Period Project - 1812 - 1912 Analytics

To get the project started, I read a  very useful article from the archives of YWU,  it dealt with project planning.   I have started so many projects and  some how along the way, the entire thing gets derailed.  It was the dreaded "scope creep", you keep looking for additional inspirational pictures to use for the project you are currently working on.  Sooner or later, you find another great inspiration image and tell yourself with just a  few minor changes, you could create this new image even better then the initial selected image. 

It would require perhaps, additional fabric, new pattern, accessories, time, etc. the list of add on continues until the entire project gets derailed.

This time, I plan not to succumb to "scope creep".

Anyhow, one of my  favorite websites to frequent is the American Duchess. She does a costume analytics where she analyzes a painting.  I borrowed her concept to help me figure out the elements needed for the 1812 men's outfit.

Here is my analyzed image:

For me, this technique was very useful especially when I attempted to apply the rules as outlined in the YWU project planning guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment